Online Business Press Release Writing Tips And Ideas
Press releases are one of the most cost-effective ways to get promotion for your online business. Many entrepreneurs ignore this type of promotion because they don't know how to write a press release. It's important to promote your online business with press releases because of the media all over the internet. The following is a list of some common press release writing tips:
- your press release should sound like news, not an ad
- you should only send your press release to the media related to the topic of your press release - keep your press release one page in length
- your header, contact information and release date should be at the top of your press release - use short sentences and double space in between sentences
- your header and first few sentences should capture the readers attention
- you should tell a story and briefly mention your business, product or service in the body of the press release
- proofread your press release many times. Look for grammar and spelling mistakes. Another reason entrepreneurs ignore promoting their online business with press releases is because they don't know what's newsworthy. Here are 16 online business press release ideas:
- new products or services you're offering on your web site. - the results of an online survey or poll you've completed - a virtual trade show or seminar you're hosting. - a free chat room class you're teaching
- your opening of a new web site
- an online award your business or web site has won
- a free e-mail newsletter you're publishing - new online products or services you're giving away - an online business association or club you're starting - a famous person that's endorsing your business - a major joint venture you're doing with another business - a new book or e-book you wrote - an expert or celebrity who's speaking in your chat room - a fundraising event you're doing at your web site - a new contest or sweepstakes you're having at your site - major sponsorships you're doing online You can get other press release writing tips and ideas by reading other businesses press releases, reading how to publications, talking to experts and visiting other media web sites. I hope this article persuades and helps you to promote your business through press releases.
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
Using Media and PR to Your Advantage.
Marketing-Minded Financial Planners: Get Free Publicity by Choosing the Right Outlets
Sure, any publicity is good. But don't invest time and effort to be in "Lucky: The Magazine for Shopping" if your major topic is planning for college.
Just What Kind of PR Matters to You?
Parties, videos, booklets and column plugs?Or public relations that does something positive and directly about those important outside audiences of yours whose behaviors most affect your operation?How happy are you -- as a business, non-profit or association manager -- when you see your PR folks futzing around with special events, brochures, press releases and TV talk show mentions?Especially at a time when you probably need to create the kind of key stakeholder behavior change that leads directly to achieving your managerial objectives?What it comes down to is this: are you simply looking for publicity, or do you want public relations that really CAN change individual perception and lead to equally changed stakeholder behaviors that help you get your PR money's worth?If that sounds more like it, here's the roadmap for you: people act on their own perception of the facts before them, which leads to predictable behaviors about which something can be done. When we create, change or reinforce that opinion by reaching, persuading and moving-to-desired- action the very people whose behaviors affect the organization the most, the public relations mission is accomplished.
Managers: Super-Charge Your PR
Ain't a gonna happen unless business, non-profit and association managers, possibly like you, do something positive about those important external audiences of yours that most affect your operation. And then, as you persuade those key outside folks to your way of thinking, help move them to take actions that allow your department, group, division or subsidiary to succeed.
Media Training: Stop Talking, Already!
THE TWO MINUTES UNDERDOGEdward Everett was one of the most famous orators of his time. Standing before an audience of thousands in a Pennsylvania field on a cold winter's day in November 1863, he delivered one of the impassioned speeches that made him famous.
Do You Have A Press Package?
How do you make a friend of the media? A press package can go a long way in helping you deal with the media. It allows you to have everything you need handy.
Dont Put Up With Junk PR
In public relations, "junk" is more about attitude and lack of understanding than a measure of quality.Hopefully, if your public relations mission is yet to be accomplished, you agree that its primary thrust MUST be to take advantage of the fact that people act on their own perception of the facts before them leading to predictable behaviors.
Austin's Annual Charity Event with KVET
In my travels around the country while building my business I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the greatest community volunteers in our nation. I never missed an opportunity to meet community leaders and learn all I could about every market my company franchised in.
Media Release Headlines - Ten Tips to Get Media Attention
So you have spent hours and hours writing, shaping and crafting your media message. You've worked on setting your objectives, identifying your target audience and working out how to reach them.
Right PR Empowers a Manager
Business, non-profit and association managers are in a stronger position to succeed when they use their public relations resources in a way that alters individual perception leading to changed external stakeholder behavior.A mouthful, but true.
Would you like to be the next Dr. Phil, Suze Orman or Guy Kawasaki?When I ask people that question, they usually say something like, "I'd be happy to be able to reach $100,000 in revenues," or "Hey, I'd settle for being able to take a week-long vacation.
She Who Has the Gold...
?makes the rules, of course.But when the gold takes the form of top-notch public relations, she AND he get to make rules like these:Our PR concentrates on delivering what we really need.
Media Training: Why Nobodys Listening to You
SORRY?WERE YOU SAYING SOMETHING?Many spokespeople approach media interviews the same way they would a major speech. They think at length about what they want to say, jot down a few notes, and try to memorize a few key points.
Are You Sure You Know What Youre Doing?
Because when it comes to public relations, non-believers can produce a double-bummer -- missed opportunity AND a ton of wasted money. It really is a shame because we do public relations to change the behaviors of certain groups of people important to the success of those very Doubting Thomases.
Celebrities Cant Have It Both Ways
Corporations are willing to pay substantial amounts of money to prominent personalities so that consumers will relate the brand with their favorite star, and thus will be more likely to buy the product. The buying public imparts credibility to the celebrity because of his or her charisma as well as the credibility that comes with prominence in the media.
Public Relations Primer Part III: 10 Donts
There are all kinds of smart moves professionals can make to raise their media visibility. Here are ten things not to do if you're aiming to heighten your public profile.
Write Press Releases That Dazzle
When a reporter is wowed, intrigued, surprised or captivated by your press release, you can be pretty sure you'll get some media coverage. And for most businesses, positive media coverage is worth its weight in gold.
Public Relations: Understanding Educated Gambling
As an entry level position to PR, I found myself typing up a forecast by a major Public Relation's firm for a major pharmaceutical company of what life would be like in the year 2000. Market research predictions included telephones with monitors that could help you see people while you talked, fax machines that could transmit information over telephone wires, microwave ovens for reducing food defrosting time from hours to minutes and other devices that have certainly come to pass.
What You Dont Know About PR Can Hurt You
And hurt bad if you are a business, non-profit or association manager. Especially when you rely too heavily on tactics like special events, brochures and press releases to get your money's worth.
Whats Important About PR?
Quite a bit, actually. Public relations helps business, non- profit and association managers achieve their managerial objectives with results like these.
|home | site map|